Monday, December 24, 2012

The Greatest Gift

As I sit here on Christmas Eve on my nice comfy couch in my warm living room with the floor covered in several recently unwrapped gifts, I can't help but think about all the people in the world today that will be spending Christmas day eating out of dumpsters in the frost and coolness of the night. Many will not have presents, no one to read them the Christmas story, and most will not have warm pj's to wear. When I think about it in this perspective, it makes all these gifts and things seem so frivolous.

I wonder how many know the story of Jesus and how his birth is really the greatest gift we could ever receive. Here's a challenge for you this Christmas season: If you find yourself out and about, find a way to bless someone. Whether it be a smile and a "Merry Christmas", helping someone put groceries in their car, blessing someone with a few dollars . . . the possibilities and the blessings that follow are endless.

God's given us the greatest gift of all time, Jesus Christ. It's time we share it with others who have yet to receive Him.

May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

-Morgan    


"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said" 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "
-Acts 20:35

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and enjoy reading your comments. I read each one before posting it, so I never miss reading one...no matter how old the post is. :-)