Friday, October 19, 2012

19 Years and Counting

On October 16, 1993 my parents said, "I do". 
 
 
In February 1993, my dad was 23 and mom was 19. They met at my aunt's house, arranged by my aunt and my grandmother. Two weeks later they were engaged. My dad's proposal to my mom was romantically unique. He showed up at her job at the University of Kentucky Medical Center, where she was in charge of the General Surgery Clinic's medical records. He was cleverly dressed up as Prince Charming and was "delivered" by his brother in a washing machine box, which was wrapped up like a present.
 
With family, friends, co-workers, and the local news filming, my mom opened her abnormally large present and out came my dad. He recited a exquisitely written poem, and then dropped down on one knee and asked my mom, "Jennifer Dawn James, will you marry me?" Eight months later, at 24 and 20 respectively, they were married.
 
19 years and three children later, love is still in the air. :-) God brought them through many trials, and they have not only grown closer to each other over the years, but closer to Jesus.
 
I couldn't ask for better parents. They're not perfect, but are constantly striving towards becoming a mirrored image of Christ; and for this I am eternally grateful. From them I've learned that God can take a difficult and rough past, and bring you to a place of restoration and healing, if we are willing to study and respond to His Word.  
 
Happy Anniversary Dad and Mom. I love you both with all my heart. <3
 
 
With gratitude and thankfulness to God to be your daughter,
 
Morgan

 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy late anniversary!
    It is so funny how much your parents resemble each other. There is actually medical proof that people who live together for a extended period of time will start to look alike!
    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and enjoy reading your comments. I read each one before posting it, so I never miss reading one...no matter how old the post is. :-)