Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Theme Song for this blog

I want to start out this blog by saying, God is so awesome! Despite our sins and failings, He is merciful and His grace is sufficient for all. "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." -Psalm 19:14

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it" (Matthew 7:13-14).

             Whenever I read this verse, I can't help but yearn to be one that walks the road that leads to life, and enter through the narrow gate. As Christians, this walk can be difficult; even treacherous at at times. But then the Holy Spirit  is quick to remind us of the end result: eternal fellowship with Him. If we will press on, and continue to run this race; God is faithful and will see us through. If we are diligent in following His commands and are constantly growing in our relationship with Him, we will one day get to hear those glorious words spoken to us from Jesus, "Well done, good and faithful servant". :-)              

This song by Moriah Peters is one of my life songs right now. I want to be a risk taker; leaving the things of this world behind me and only following after the One who really matters. When everything is said and done, it's not going to matter if I had the latest fashions in my closet, if I had the newest Apple product, had lots of friends, was "popular", well liked, or even if I did "good things".... God wants a heart that's willing to give up all of that stuff up (of which has no eternal value anyway); actively pursuing and growing in a relationship with Him...no matter what trials may come, no matter the persecutions you may encounter for being "different"(Matt. 5:10; James 1:2-3).

Stand firm, endure to the end...Jesus is waiting for you. Great will be your reward in Heaven.

Be encouraged!




-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and enjoy reading your comments. I read each one before posting it, so I never miss reading one...no matter how old the post is. :-)